Regional Head of Reporting Operations - Finance Services
NR REF.: 1137677
For our Client, a global oranization form finance services / banking sector, who has established a Global Service Center in Krakow and provide complex business services, we are looking for a Regional Head of Reporting Operations who will be responsible for reporting operations and managing newly created global team (Poland, India, Honk Kong, Mexico).
The role holder will be a key member of the Finance Operations management team and participate to the Finance Operations Exco, Finance Operations RCMM, Finance Operations People Committee and Finance Operations Delivery Committee. The role holder will also be a member of key governance forums in the legal entity, either a part of the role’s responsibilities or as a delegate of the Financial Controller.
Accountabilities for Business, Customers and Stakeholders
- End-to-end process ownership, management of preparation and assurance of all BAU reporting requirements (internal and external) including local consolidated statutory IFRS/local GAAP financial statements (Annual Report & Accounts and Interim Report), local regulatory reporting, management and liquidity reporting, plus submissions into the Company Group reporting processes.
- Management of the reporting operations team to produce timely, accurate and complete reports and commentary.
- Accountable for defining the reporting process and ensuring high quality deliver, as well as escalation, incident management, and stakeholder management around reporting.
- Delivery of commentary and variance analysis, as well as query resolution.
- Ensure that the outputs are of a high quality, and prepared in accordance with accepted regulatory and accounting policy.
- Responsible for the controls over the reporting processes and ensuring that control design is in line with Company’s control framework and complies with all requirements (such as SOX).
- Key stakeholder in the interpretation of new requirements by policy teams.
- Support the final sign-off of reporting by the Regional Financial Controller and other accountable stakeholders (such as ALCM).
- Key interactions with external regulators if/as delegated by Entity Financial Controller
- Works closely with Data Operations for data issue remediation and the development of new reporting.
- Works jointly to resolve queries from Insights & Advisory and senior stakeholders Drives interaction and relationship with Investor Relations and Policy teams as required Leadership & Teamwork
- Leads and inspires the Reporting Operations team, developing a deep pool of report production expertise, across all disciplines, with a commercial sense of continuous improvement
- Management (planning and coordination) of the entire daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly reporting processes
- Embed workflow tool to develop and monitor key metrics to enable 1) continuous management, and improvement, of efficient processes; and 2) provide facts to key stakeholders as required
- Management of professional development of team personnel
- Provide understanding of how technical accounting and reporting translates into operational processes
- Work collaboratively across teams, covering Data Operations, Reporting Operations, Accounting Operations, Systems Support, IT, Financial Control, Insight & Advisory
- Adopt new ways of working such as Agile, particularly in respect of change activities, and encourage the adoption of new technology within the reporting teams
What your background should look like:
- Strong written and oral communicate skills - English
- Ability to communicate complex ideas (e.g. relating to transactions/adoption of policies) in a simple manner to a global audience
- Experience in accounting / financial, regulatory or management reporting.
- Understanding of control frameworks and how to implement effective controls in practice.
- Ability to deal with and analyse unstructured problems and queries and to question and challenge existing procedures.
- Good understanding of financial products and how they impact reporting requirement, and more generically the banking business, balance sheet and P&L.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders of different seniority and geographical location
- Understanding and interest in how new technology may be leveraged to improve reporting processes and controls.